OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
If you provide Smart Start Limburg with personal data via the website www.smartstartlimburg.com (“Website”), Smart Start Limburg will treat it in full compliance with the national legislation on processing of personal data as adopted by the partners of Smart Start Limburg in the following Privacy Statement.
1. General principles for processing personal data
The regulation regarding processing of personal data provides a framework to ensure that personal data is handled properly. Smart Start Limburg will at all times ensure that personal data is:
Processed fairly, lawfully and transparent
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date – inaccurate or incomplete personal data will be rectified or erased or further processing suspended
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed only for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose and only processed in line with the purpose for which it is gathered
2. Types of personal data
Smart Start Limburg will collect and process your personal data in a number of ways when you engage with us via the various existing channels, including our website.
Some of the personal data is necessary to process in order for us to provide you with the services you have requested and some personal data you can choose to provide voluntarily. The partners of Smart Start Limburg will always let you know which personal data is necessary (e.g. via the use of an asterix (*)) and the consequences of not providing such data to us, for instance that we will not be able to (fully) satisfy your request.
The personal data that Smart Start Limburg collects and process can generally be divided into the following categories:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number, email address, title, place of work, etc.
- Information that you provide when contacting us via online contact forms
- User information, e.g. technical data regarding use and viewing, including IP addresses when you visit our websites or applications, including on third party sites, see also clause 5 below.
3. Our purposes for processing your personal data
Smart Start Limburg only processes your personal in order to pursue a legitimate purpose and generally Smart Start Limburg will only process your personal data if:
- You have provided your consent to such processing; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- in order to facilitate your use of the website and our services.
- To contact you as part of the ordinary customer relationship.
- To send you news letters or other marketing material, including surveys if you have requested this.
- To provide general service and support.
- To gain customer insights and knowledge of how our various services, including websites and applications are used as well as evaluation and improvement hereof.
- To create and pursue business leads.
- To comply with any applicable law.
The Website provides users with an opt-in opportunity, which means that you will decide whether or not you wish to receive our newsletters and other information about new events and services. Marketing offers will be described to you prior to the data collection and your consent will be asked before any marketing material is being forwarded to you by e-mail. If you wish to be removed from a mailing list and thus not receive future communications on this particular subject, please click the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the email you wish to unsubscribe from.
6. Smart Start Limburg
The partners of Smart Start Limburg work individually and do not legally form a general or commercial partnership.
Personal data collected may be transferred internationally between the partners of Smart Start Limburg within the purposes for which they were gathered provided that such making available or disclosure of your personal data is not restricted by law.
An overview of the partners of Smart Start Limburg is available via this link
7. Disclosure, transfer and making available of personal data to third parties
Our disclosure and transfer of your personal data to third parties (entities outside Smart Start Limburg) is kept to a minimum and is subject to the existence of an adequate level of data protection. We may disclose or make personal data available to third parties under the following circumstances:
Third parties carrying out services on our behalf, e.g. hosting, IT-support, marketing services, administrative services etc. Such third parties are only allowed to process the personal data in accordance with our instructions and under a written data processor agreement.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- If you have provided your prior consent to the disclosure of personal data to a third party; and
- As set out in our cookie-policy, cf. section 5 above.
If the recipient of the personal data is located in a country outside the EU/EEA not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, we will only transfer your personal data to such recipient following execution of a written transfer agreement based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
8. Your consent
As stated above some of the processing activities will be based on your consent. In such case, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent the continued processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal. Further, as a consequence of your withdrawal of your consent, we may not be able to satisfy your requests or provide you with our services.
Smart Start Limburg undertakes to have in place the appropriate security measures to safeguard the security of your personal data and the Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal data under our control.
10. Your rights
You have the right to access the personal data processed about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Furthermore, you can object to the collection and further processing of your personal data and you have the right to correct your personal data, if necessary. You may also request us to restrict the processing.
We will delete or correct any information, which is inaccurate or out of date.
If requested by you we will also delete your personal data without undue delay unless we have a legal basis to continue the processing, e.g. the processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
In order to make use of any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us, see section 13.
With regard to such requests, kindly provide us with relevant information to take care of your request, including your full name and email address so that we can identify you. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than within one month.
If you disagree with our processing of your personal data please be informed that you can lodge a complaint with the local data protection agency (“Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”).
If you have any complaints about the processing of personal data carried out by Smart Start Limburg, please feel free to contact us at any time, see section 13.
We will review and assess your complaint and if necessary we may contact you in order to obtain further information. We will always acknowledge receipt of your complaint or objection within 14 business days. We strive at processing any complaint or objection within one month. If it is not possible to make a decision within one month, we will inform you of the grounds for the delay and of the time at which the decision can be expected to be provided (not exceeding 6 months from receipt).
At any time before, during or after the complaint process described above, you may also raise a complaint with the local data protection agency (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), or other relevant court or authority.
12. Links to other websites, etc.
The Website may contain links to other websites or to integrated sites. Smart Start Limburg is not responsible for the contents of these websites or for the practices of the companies regarding the collection of personal data. When you visit the websites, you should read the owners’ policies on the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
13. Contact information
Smart Start Limburg
Avenue Ceramique 223
6221 KX Maastricht
T: +31 (43) 328 51 11